Servings: 4 Time: 50 minutes
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ medium white onion, diced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
½ cup lentils, rinsed
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon dried dill
1 medium carrot, chopped
3 cups vegetable stock
1 stalk celery, sliced
Pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
10 cherry tomatoes - halved
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion in the pot.
- Toss and sauté the onions for another 10 minutes, or until they are soft and translucent.
- Now, add the thyme, smoked paprika, and dill to the onions. Stir in the spices and simmer for a minute.
- Add the carrots and celery to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until the carrots and celery are barely softened, then, add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the lentils into the oil, spices, and veggies in the pot to coat them.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes in the pot. Add the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil, covered.
- Reduce the heat to a moderate simmer, and stir occasionally, until the lentils are cooked for about 25 minutes. Adjust the seasonings if needed and serve hot!
Nutrition: Calories: 804 Kcal | Fat: 33g | Carbs: 101g | Fibre:17 g |Protein: 3.4g