Servings: 4 Total time: 40 minutes
This burrito promotes healthy digestion, it's full of fibre that prevents constipation and with the addition of mushrooms aids in stimulating white blood cells, that boost the immune system’s against fighting illness.
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups red onion, diced
1 cup sweet potato, diced
9 white button mushrooms
¼ cup miso paste
4 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
½ a fresh lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt, to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup coconut milk or water
- Heat a large skillet with 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion for a few minutes over medium high heat.
- Add in the diced sweet potato and mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring continually so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Next, add the black beans to the mixture with a splash of water or coconut milk if needed. Stir, cover, and let cook for about 15 minutes. Then set aside.
- Now, reduce heat to low and stir in the miso, basil, oregano, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking on low until potatoes are tender.
- Once the Sweet Potato and Bean mixture is cool, make your burritos using wraps to serve and Enjoy!
Cal: 183 kcals | Fat 5g |Carbs 22g| Fibre: 6 g| Protein: 17g.